The COVID-19 pandemic has swept across the globe, bringing entire countries to a halt while exposing a lack of preparedness and, most evident, the global scale of commerce and connectivity. We quickly learned that companies can function with a majority of its workforce working from home — and still thrive! Not only are Video Conferencing, Virtual Classrooms, and E-commerce businesses thriving, but our global community is also quickly adapting to new social distancing norms.
How are these COVID-19 implications impacting the bottom line for small businesses? Let’s take a look at the recent changes in consumer behaviors — both online and offline, as well as strategies for businesses to stay top-of-mind with their customers during any crisis.
5 Effective Digital Marketing Tips for Small Businesses:
- Increase Local Advertising. People are actively looking for open businesses nearby, especially with the new stay at home directives that restricts consumers to only leaving their homes for essential items. With all of this new online search traffic, businesses must ensure they are visible through online search advertising.
- Advertise Store Pickup and Delivery. One of the most significant changes due to the recent pandemic is social distancing. Ensuring that your business offers home delivery or store pickup services allows customers to not only save time but more importantly, these services reduce the worry customers have about breaking the social distancing protocols.
- Invest in an Online Presence. If you don’t have an online presence or aren’t maintaining one diligently, this is the time to double down on creating a meaningful online presence. Social media, digital storefronts, and online purchases all contribute to building a robust online presence. Additionally, they also provide an avenue for business continuity that may not be available in-store.
- Outline Your Product Quality & Efficiency. In our current state of uncertainty and distrust, consumers are looking to businesses that deliver quality products on time. Highlighting your business’s ability to meet consumer expectations can increase consumer trust and loyalty with your business.
- Identify What Your Core Audience is Doing and Then Adapt. Consumers are changing the way they search and purchase products as a result of stay-at-home restrictions and other global impacts of the COVID-19. As a result, businesses need to reevaluate the location of their messaging and if it is still reaching their customer base.
Although COVID-19 will impact all businesses on a global scale, there are various approaches businesses can take to develop an Action Plan to overcome times of uncertainty. To identify the most effective path forward and create a strategy that maximizes your return on investment, contact Winnow Digital Marketing Services for a free marketing consultation — no commitments required. We are here to help your business grow!